All Students | How to Apply
Take the Next Step Toward Achieving Your Career Potential
Whether you want to advance within your current company, re-enter the workforce, change careers, or build on your associate degree, Northeastern is the place to help you take that next step. The university offers career-focused programs—taught by accessible faculty and supported by staff who coach each student through every step of the process.
Requirements can vary by degree program, so prospective students should identify their program of interest to learn more about that degree’s specific requirements. Overall, completed bachelor’s completion applications for admission include:
- Complete an application form
- Submit all official college transcripts via mail or electronic transfer
If applicable, bachelor’s completion applicants can send additional documents including:
- Attach a professional resumé
- Write a statement of purpose, detailing why they want to pursue their bachelor’s degree and their personal and professional goals
- Send any additional transcripts for transfer credit
- Include one to three letters of recommendation
- Submit proof of English proficiency with official TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE exam scores
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, and prospective students can apply to a program up to one full year prior to their desired start term. Domestic students are encouraged to submit their application at least eight weeks prior, while international students who need an F1 visa to study do have specific application deadlines they need to adhere to, which can be found on the College of Professional Studies website.
Admissions decisions are typically made within five to 10 business days, and applicants will be notified via email. All those accepted will then receive an admissions packet in the mail a week or two after their initial notification.