Tuition and Fees
Now Is the Time to Invest in Your Future
A top-quality education is an investment—in yourself, your family, your community, and your future. That investment, however, should still be one you can reach.
At Northeastern, we’re committed to providing an affordable education. Through scholarships, loans, and grants, we help lower the cost of your bachelor’s degree so you can move higher in your career.
Tuition for College of Professional Studies‘ programs is reasonable and attainable. This means adult learners can earn a Northeastern degree on a schedule and at a pace that meets their needs, at an affordable price.
Course tuition for our programs is based on the number of semester hours in each class. Your total tuition due for the semester is dependent on the number of semester hours in which you’re enrolled. To calculate the cost of tuition for an individual class, multiply the total number of semester hours for the course by the cost per semester hour.
Importantly, the cost per credit does not change based on how many courses you’re enrolled in, all credits follow the same cost structure.
Rates per semester hour for the 2023-2024 academic year are:
- All College of Professional Studies undergraduate courses, excluding science and writing labs (Includes Lowell Institute School and fast-track programs)— $541
- College of Professional Studies lab courses (science and writing labs) — $781
Starting Fall 2023, active U.S. servicemembers and their spouses are eligible to receive an amended tuition rate of $250 per semester hour for our Bachelor Completion Programs through the College of Professional Studies. Northeastern is committed to making education within reach and affordable for our military-affiliated students. To learn more, visit our Fund Your Education page.
- Students enrolling in eA2M programs on the Miami campus are eligible for substantial funding opportunities. Scholarships are awarded competitively to a limited number of well-qualified students, providing a tuition waiver of up to 100%.
- Students should submit a FAFSA to confirm eligibility for all sources of aid.
- Ready to apply for an eA2M scholarship in Miami? Complete this form to submit your scholarship application.
|Cost Per Credit
|Cost Per Year (20 credits)
|Pell Eligible Funding
|Additional NU Aid
|Estimated Cost Per Credit
Cost Per Year
Note: Tuition is subject to revision by the president and Board of Trustees at any time.
Full payment of tuition is due on the Saturday at the end of the first week of class. Electronic check and credit cards payments (MasterCard, Visa, American Express, and Discover accepted) can be made online via myNortheastern.
For more information, you can visit the Northeastern Student Financial Services website.
Current student fees include:
- Student Center Fee — An $8.25 fee will be assessed per semester for all students enrolled at Northeastern’s Boston campus. This fee is for facilities and services at the Curry Student Center.
- Campus Recreation Fee — A $18 fee will be assessed per semester for all students enrolled at Northeastern’s Boston campus. The fee covers admission to home athletic events, use of the Marino Fitness Center, SquashBusters athletic facility, and the Cabot Gym. This fee also supports the future construction of athletic fields and facilities.
Note: Additional fees may be required based on your status. Fees are also subject to revision by the president and Board of Trustees at any time.