Admission Requirements For Transfer Students
Elevate Your Education
Northeastern University strives to be your very best transfer option, and we’ll work with you on transferring credits towards your degree here. At Northeastern you’ll get a degree from a top-50 university along with a wealth of support that will help you reach your academic and career goals. You’ll be right at home here at Northeastern, where just about everyone has transferred in credits.
Admissions requirements for transfer credit students include:
- An online application
- Transcripts–applicants need to submit one of the following:
- Official high school transcript or completed attestation form
- Official GED, HiSET or TSAC
- Official associate degree transcript, stating degree conferral and date
- Transfer credit documents
- Applicants whose primary language is not English need to submit proof of English Language Proficiency, which can be achieved with one of the following:
- An official associate degree transcript from an accredited U.S. college or university, stating degree conferral and date
- A minimum TOEFL (Code for CPS: 4999) score of 79 or a minimum IELTS score of 6.5
Transfer credit is awarded once all required transfer documents have been submitted, a student has completed his or her admissions application, and has been accepted into his or her degree program of choice.
Visit our Transferring Credit page for more details on the types of transfer credit we accept and how to take the next step.
Interested in learning more about our credit transfer process? Check out our webinar or download our free guide below.